Everything You Need To Know About Rainbow Riches
When Rainbow Riches first burst on to the scene as a Barcrest Games fruit machine in 2006 no one could have anticipated just how popular it would become. Fast forward four years and the game was adapted to be played online. Today Rainbow Riches slot game is available on your desktop, tablet or mobile, only leading to it becoming even more popular and accessible.
Rainbow Riches is a 5-reel, 20 pay-line slot that can be played from 1p to £20 a line – so it’s suitable for all bankrolls. It was one of the first £500 jackpot slots released online in the UK.
With Rainbow Riches you are assured excellent graphics, entertaining sound effects and great bonuses so it’s no surprise it’s one of the UK’s most popular slot games.
Rainbow Riches slot machine gives you all the flexibility to start small and increase your bet, or start with just a few win lines and increase to up to 20. No matter how much you want to stake, the game is adaptable, leaving you to set your stake and start spinning. It also has a handy Autospin feature so set it to continue spinning while playing some of your other favourite online casino games.
How To Play Rainbow Riches
When you want to play Rainbow Riches, the first thing you’ll need to do is set your bets. In order to do this, you’ll have to decide how many paylines you want to activate. Unlike the version you may have played in your local pub, Rainbow Riches online offers more ways to win. How many more ways to win? Well, that’s up to you as the betting bar allows you to activate between one and 20 paylines. Once you’ve unlocked as many or as few paylines as you like, the second variable you need to adjust is the “bet per line”. Regardless of whether you’re playing via your desktop or Rainbow Riches mobile, the “Bet/Line” button allows you to wager between £0.01 and £20.
Now, if you’re an online slots novice, it’s important to note that your overall bet will be a product of your payline and bet per line choices. For example, if you open 10 paylines and set the bet to £1 per line, the cost of a single spin will be £10. Because of this, you need to ensure that you set the two variables to a level you can afford. However, what’s nice about the Rainbow Riches slot machine is that it’s flexible. By allowing you to adjust the paylines and bet per line, it’s easy to find a price point that suits you.
What’s more, once you start to spin, the payouts are a multiple of your line bet and not a pre-set cash amount. To put it another way: you will always win the same amount in relative terms regardless if you bet the minimum or the maximum. Of course, in order to win, you need to spin. So, once you’ve set your bets, you can hit the “spin” button and pick up wins when three or more symbols line-up from left-to-right on an active payline. When it comes to wilds and scatters, two or more matches will release a payout.
That, in a nutshell, is all is takes to play the Rainbow Riches slot game. As long as you set your bets in the right way and spin, you could win up to £200,000.
Rainbow Riches Slot Tips
Unlike table games such as blackjack, it’s not easy to turn the tables in your favour when you play online slots machines. However, there are some Rainbow Riches slot tips you can use to help you get more from your time online.
- Our first Rainbow Riches strategy tip is to play at a level you can afford. As we’ve already said, there are two variables you can adjust and you should take advantage of this dynamic. As a general rule, you should try to bet around 0.031 of your bankroll on a spin. For example, if you had £100 to spend on slots, you would set bet between £0.03 and £0.05 per spin.
- Once you’ve established your bet size, the next thing you need to do is get the most bang for your buck. As we’ve said, wins are based on the size of your line bet, so you should look to maximise this variable. Yes, having plenty of ways to win is great, but the size of an individual prize won’t change just because you have more paylines open. The sweet spot is typically a moderate number of paylines and the maximum bet per line you can afford.
- The final Rainbow Riches tip you should look to employ is bonuses. In this instance, we don’t mean in-game bonuses, we mean external ones. When you scroll through our selection of top-rated casinos, you’ll notice that all the best promotions either give you ‘free’ spins or value slots above other games. For instance, if you pick up a welcome reward, the chances are slots will have a 100% contribution weighting. This means you can use a game such as Rainbow Riches to clear bonuses quicker and, therefore, boost your bankroll.
Rainbow Riches Bonus
There are three bonus rounds featured in the Rainbow Riches slot machines, including the Road to Riches Bonus, the Wishing Well Bonus, and Pots of Gold Bonus.
- Wishing Wells pay from £2 all the way up to £150 if you hit four symbols. But if you hit five Wishing Well symbols you can scoop up to £500!
- The Leprechauns feature can offer up to a £500 win with just three of a kind bonus symbols. Four of a kind has a minimum £20 value and five Leprechauns pay a minimum of £40.
- Pots of Gold are the most rewarding symbols in the slot game. A selection of three pots all accumulate until won. When you land the three Pots of Gold, a circle of different coloured pots appear. This is where the money is! One of the coloured pots will pay: £50 for bronze, £150 for silver, and £250 for gold.
This is why you want to play the Rainbow Riches slot with the highest combined pot value, these slots are more likely to payout sooner and it will be a much larger payout too!
Sights, Sounds And Symbols
Because Rainbow Riches online slots have been around for the best part of a decade, the styling has a certain retro vibe to it. In fact, because game itself started off as a fruit machine in UK pubs and clubs, it still has something of an old-school look. This becomes even more apparent when hit the spin button and the sound effects play. Instead of a custom soundtrack or clips from chart hits like you get in some of the industry’s more modern slots, Rainbow Riches offers some beeps and chimes.
What do we mean by this? Well, the best comparison we can make is that the noises you’ll hear when play are very similar to those echoing around seaside arcades. Again, this all plays into the classic theme that the developers have gone for. Finally, in terms of the images you’ll see, another traditional motif has been used: Ireland. From leprechauns and pots of gold to rainbows, everything is designed to take you away to a fantasy world that’s filled with fun and financial possibilities.
Barcrest Rainbow Riches: The Pros And Cons
- Simple interface that’s easy to understand.
- Generous jackpot topping £200,000.
- Classic theme that feels like a traditional fruit machine.
- Affordable betting from as little as £0.01.
- Three interactive bonus rounds.
- Graphics look old compared to modern slots.
- No free spins feature.
Rainbow Riches Alternatives
If you enjoy Rainbow Riches mobile and its desktop equivalent, you’re in luck because there are plenty of similar slots on the market for you try. In fact, if you don’t want to stray too far from Barcrest Rainbow Riches, there is an entire franchise of sequels for you to spin. Although we can’t list them all, here are a few Rainbow Riches alternatives for you to consider:
Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold
Featuring the same collection of characters as Rainbow Riches online, this follow-up contains an impressive 10 reels and 100 paylines. Basically, if you enjoyed the original, this game gives you the same great experience, but many more ways to win. Bets start from £0.10 and you’ll get the chance to open seven mini-games as well as a bonus round where bunches of balloons are worth up to 200X your stake. Overall, if you want a more in-depth gaming experience that’s a little more complex than Rainbow Riches, Reels of Gold is a great alternative.
For those love the Irish theme, Irish Eyes is one of the most popular spinners within the genre. Created by NextGen, this video slot not only feature five reels and 25 paylines, but it’s styling is very similar to Rainbow Riches’ retro vibe. For big wins, a pick’em bonus round allows you to win 100X your total bet, while Leprechaun wilds are the key to unlocking up to 12 free spins with a 3X multiplier. In practice, this game can’t compete with Rainbow Riches when it comes to bonus rounds. However, if you like the classic Irish theme, Irish Eyes perfect.
Yes, the overarching theme is different (i.e. it’s set in Medieval times), but Merry Money does have a similar feel to Rainbow Riches. Although the 10 paylines are fixed, there are three bonus rounds you can unlock. Similar to Rainbow Riches bonuses, Merry Money’s special features have an interactive element. After shooting an arrow to determine your bonus, you will either walk down a special path filled with prizes, open mystery doors or select the right target for a big win. If you enjoy playing mini-games but need a break from Rainbow Riches, Merry Money is every bit as engaging.
Rainbow Riches combines simplicity with fun in order to create an engaging and entertaining slots game. You can play it at any number of online casino sites in UK, check out the list above to find the top rated ones and play Rainbow Riches today!